- The representation of The Estate of Michael Jackson in numerous litigation matters, including a lawsuit against Lloyds of London seeking to recover proceeds from a cancellation insurance policy covering Michael Jackson’s planned “This Is It” concert tour and disputes arising out of the exploitation of Mr. Jackson’s intellectual property. KWIKA provides strategic support for the Estate on an ongoing basis with respect to a variety of legal and business issues, including the administration of the Estate, the handling of creditors’ claims and the restructuring of debt obligations.
- The representation of recording artist Justin Bieber in various matters arising out of Bieber’s activities as a recording and touring artist.
- The representation of the eBay unit StubHub defending a claim by Ticketmaster that StubHub interfered with Ticketmaster’s exclusive right to sell concert tickets at various venues across the United States.
- The representation of Univision Music Group in successfully defending against an injunction proceeding in the United States District Court in Puerto Rico brought by a reggaeton artist who claimed he did not consent to the distribution of his record album.
- The representation of Yahoo, Inc. in resolving claims asserted by a technology company that had been acquired by Yahoo to provide development of one of Yahoo’s music features.
- The representation of the estate of famed “funk” recording artist Rick James in a lawsuit to recover significant amounts of unpaid publishing revenue that were being wrongfully withheld.
- The representation of a songwriter/producer/musician in litigation against pop singer Rickie Lee Jones alleging that Jones breached the producer’s agreement, failed to provide compensation, and failed to accord credit for the songwriting, performing and producing services.
Posted in: Entertainment