Katherine Kleindienst handles a wide range of complex litigation matters, including entertainment, intellectual property, and general commercial litigation. She has represented clients in matters involving contract disputes, trade secret misappropriation, copyright infringement, fraud, and unfair competition. Her experience includes pretrial investigation, motion practice, fact and expert discovery, witness preparation, and trial.
- Represented a motion picture production company in a contract action arising from a film financing transaction. Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Successfully defended a live entertainment company in a multi-billion dollar wrongful death trial.
- Represented a leading software and cloud services provider in a trade secret and antitrust action.
- Represented a toy and video game manufacturer in an action against a licensee for fraud and breach of contract, and to terminate licensed rights.
- Represented a private equity firm in a labor and employment arbitration.
Admissions, Memberships & Qualifications
- State Bar of California (Member)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (Member)
- Warren Christopher Scholarship Fund (Board Member)
Honors & Awards
- “Rising Star,” Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016
- Harvard University, B.A. (Psychology, cum laude), 2005
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif), 2010