With more than sixty trials to her credit, Ms. Holley is the rare trial attorney who practices in the areas of both civil and criminal litigation. She began her career as a Los Angeles County Public Defender, handling hundreds of serious criminal cases from inception to trial. Formerly Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office of The Cochran Firm and the head of its national Criminal Defense Section, she was a highly visible member of the O.J. Simpson defense team and worked closely with Mr. Cochran on a number of high-profile civil and criminal cases when the firm was known as The Law Offices of Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr.
In addition to the representative matters below, her clients have included Michelle Rodriquez; the Kardashian sisters; “CSI” star, Gary Dourdan; celebrated Black Panther leader Geronimo Pratt; entertainers Michael Jackson, Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg, Axl Rose, Jesse McCartney; and athletes Mike Tyson, “Sugar” Ray Leonard and Reggie Bush.
Ms. Holley has been a Chief Legal Correspondent for the E! Network, and was a featured legal analyst on its international nightly coverage of the Michael Jackson trial. She has been an on-air legal analyst for KABC Eyewitness News in Los Angeles for several years, and has appeared on the Today Show, Good Morning America, PrimeTime Live, Court TV, Fox News and CNN. In addition, she was a featured lawyer on Fox TV’s “Power of Attorney” for two seasons, and the judge on MTV’s “The Verdict,” a Leeza Gibbons production.
Ms. Holley is a visiting faculty lecturer at Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School’s Intensive Trial Advocacy Program at Yeshiva University in New York City, and is a frequent guest speaker on high-profile litigation, women in the law and the representation of “celebrity” clients.
She is married to Dorian Holley, a prominent and well-known vocalist who is the singer in the house band on The Tonight Show. They have three daughters Nayanna, Sasha and Olivia.
- Represented actress Lindsay Lohan in three very high profile criminal cases arising out of an alleged altercation with her vehicle, alleged theft of jewelry, and allegedly leaving the scene of a vehicle accident.
- Represented actress Nicole Richie effectuated in her second-time DUI case, in which Ms. Richie was accused of driving on the wrong side of the freeway. KWIKA effectuated a jail sentence of 82 minutes for Ms. Richie.
- Represented Lost star, Michelle Rodriguez, in her second-time DUI case.
- Represented Criminal Minds star, Shemar Moore, for whom DUI charges were dismissed upon the successful negotiation of a simple “speeding” charge.
- Represented rapper The Game in a felony case in which the rapper was charged with using a firearm on a school ground.
- Represented the minor son of a famous recording artist. The mother of the girlfriend who caught the couple in bed together accused the son of raping his girlfriend. KWIKA obtained dismissal of all charges.
- Represented actress Lindsay Lohan in an alleged hit and run in front of a popular nightclub. KWIKA successfully persuaded prosecutors in New York not to file charges against Ms. Lohan.
- Represented Symbionese Liberation Army “soccer mom” Sara Jane Olson, including the filing of a writ of habeas corpus on her behalf, arising out of the “miscalculation” of Ms. Olson’s prison time credits which sent her back to prison days after having been released.
Honors & Awards
- “Trinity Praeses Elit Award,” Dublin University Law Society (2013)
- “Outstanding Alumnus,” Southwestern Law School Black Law Students Association (2013)
- “Power Lawyer,” The Hollywood Reporter (2011, 2012)
- “Top Women Lawyers in 2012,” Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal (2012)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D.