Allen Secretov is an entertainment, intellectual property, and business litigation attorney. He has represented professional athletes, television and movie stars, acclaimed musicians, legendary comedians, and companies in a variety of industries in complex legal disputes.
Allen regularly speaks on the topics of entertainment litigation, intellectual property law, and legal education and careers, and has guest lectured for a course in International Intellectual Property at UCLA School of Law. In addition, Allen has been published and quoted by numerous legal and media outlets, including Forbes, Business Law News, and the American Bar Association’s The Young Lawyer Magazine.
Prior to joining KWIKA, Allen practiced patent litigation at Arnold & Porter, served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Frances Rothschild of the California Court of Appeal, and assisted distinguished law professor Kimberlé Crenshaw in research pertaining to critical race theory and intersectionality.
- Represents, with Howard Weitzman, The Estate of Michael Jackson in civil litigation and intellectual property matters.
- Represents, with Michael Kump, the Kardashian and Jenner Sisters in a variety of public and confidential matters.
- Represents, with Howard Weitzman, Lawrence Iser and Shawn Holley, various music industry entities and individuals, including Justin Bieber, Trey Songz, Del Records, and Sean Altman.
- Represents, with Chad Fitzgerald, national insurance brokerage USI in disputes regarding trade secrets and solicitation of clients and employees.
- Represented, with Michael Kump, The Management Group and its principals in a lawsuit brought by long-time client, actor Johnny Depp.
- Represented Samsung in patent disputes relating to touchscreen technology.
- Represented Hologic, Inc.—a medical technology company specializing in surgical and imaging devices—in various patent litigation matters pertaining to imaging technology and endometrial ablation devices.
- Represented Boston Scientific—an S&P 500 medical device manufacturer—in a 12-year long patent dispute, resulting in a Federal Circuit decision clearing Boston Scientific of more than $200 million in royalties alleged by the plaintiff. Also represented Boston Scientific in patent infringement actions involving balloon catheters and coronary stents.
Admissions, Memberships & Qualifications
- State Bar of California (Member)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- President of the UCLA Alumni Los Angeles Westside Network (2019-2020)
- Chair of the Reunion Committee for the UCLA School of Law Class of 2014
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Frances Rothschild of the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “5 Years Out: The Class of 2014 Provides a Look at Life in the Middle” Ziffren Center for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law at UCLA School of Law. February 2020
- “Entertainment Litigation 101 – Big to Boutique” Ziffren Center for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law at UCLA School of Law. January 2019
- “Madden NFL Lawsuit May Advance, Class Cert Denied” Forbes. August 2018.
- “Stadium Naming Rights Deals: Category Exclusivity, Operations, and Length” TYL Magazine. July 2018.
- “Jay-Z The Target Of The SEC, Potentially Faces Contempt And Incarceration” Forbes. May 2018.
- “DOJ Shifts Focus from SEP Holders to SEP Implementers and SSOs” mondaq. Nov. 2017.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2010
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D., 2014