Joshua Rosenberg handles a wide range of complex litigation matters, including entertainment, intellectual property, employment, and general business disputes. He has represented motion picture studios, production companies, talent agencies, management companies, live entertainment companies, recording artists, music publishers, actors, writers, producers, and studio executives. He has also represented manufacturers, real estate developers, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, and non-profit organizations. His experience includes pretrial investigation, extensive motion practice, fact and expert discovery, witness preparation, arbitration, trial, and appeals.
- With Howard Weitzman, represents the Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson in several actions in the state and federal courts of California and New York.
- Represent a variety of music industry entities and individuals, including EP Entertainment, Reach Music Publishing, Del Records, Ubiquity Recordings, and several famous recording artists.
- With Lawrence Iser, represented Mattel in intellectual property and contract disputes.
- Obtained complete victory in arbitration for music management company regarding payment of commissions.
- Represented several senior level movie studio executives in employment disputes and obtained favorable confidential settlements and severance agreements.
- Represented a motion picture production company in a contract action arising from a film financing transaction. Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Won summary judgment for defendant in a $40 million fraud, trade secret, and trademark action against a leading water product manufacturer.
- Successfully defended, at trial, a live entertainment company in a multi-billion dollar tort litigation.
- Represented a motion picture production company in a contract dispute with a foreign distributor.
- Represented a world famous entertainer in a tort and contract dispute with several former employees.
Admissions, Memberships & Qualifications
- California State Bar (member)
Honors & Awards
- “Rising Star,” Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- “Up-and-Coming 100” list, Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016, 2017, 2018
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Controversial ‘Blurred Lines’ Suit Ends In $5 Million Verdict,” Forbes (2018)
- “Defining Population for One Person, One Vote,” Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review (42 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 709 (2009))
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2001
- University of Southern California, School of Cinematic Arts, M.F.A., 2003
- Loyola Law School (summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Chief Developments Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review), J.D., 2010