Ms. Kleindienst handles a wide range of complex litigation matters, including entertainment, intellectual property, and general commercial litigation. She has represented clients in matters involving contract and partnership disputes, trademark infringement, idea theft, fraud, and unfair competition. Her experience includes pretrial investigation, motion practice, fact and expert discovery, witness preparation, arbitration, and trial.
Prior to joining KWIKA, Ms. Kleindienst was an associate at O’Melveny & Myers.
- Represented a family seeking to recover compensation for properties stolen after the family fled Iran during the revolution. Following a five week bench trial, obtained a $34 million judgment in the family’s favor.
- Represented Jessica Simpson in an action alleging breach of oral contract in connection with the sale of the Jessica Simpson brand.
- Represented Kim Kardashian West in an action alleging trademark infringement in connection with her KKW Beauty cosmetics line.
- Represented Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment in an action alleging idea theft in connection with the film Kong: Skull Island.
- Represented Kretek International in trade dress infringement case regarding product packaging for electronic cigarettes.
- Represented a law firm in an action for malicious prosecution.
- With Howard Weitzman and other KWIKA attorneys, represented the Estate of Michael Jackson and associated entities in various matters.
- Represented a motion picture company in a contract action arising from a film financing transaction. Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Successfully defended a live entertainment company in a multi-billion dollar wrongful death trial.
- Represented a leading software and cloud services provider in a trade secret and antitrust action.
- Represented a toy and video game manufacturer in an action against a licensee for fraud and breach of contract, and to terminate licensed rights.
- Represented a private equity firm in a labor and employment arbitration.
Admissions, Memberships & Qualifications
- State Bar of California (Member)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Warren Christopher Scholarship Fund (Board Member)
Honors & Awards
- “The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch,” Best Lawyers, 2021
- “Top 40 Under 40,” Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal, 2020
- “Rising Star,” Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 – 2020
- Harvard University, B.A. (Psychology, cum laude), 2005
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif), 2010