Collection of Information
We collect your personal information only when you choose to disclose it to us. For example, you may disclose your personal information to us when you send us an email or fax, submit information through web forms, call us by telephone, apply for a job, or interact with us on social media.
Use of Information
We only use your personal information for legitimate and legal purposes and in the ordinary course of operating our law firm and this website, including: to monitor and analyze usage of our website; to operate and improve our website; to provide legal services; to respond to your questions, comments or requests; to analyze job applicants; or in compliance with a legal obligation to do so.
Sharing of Information
If you disclose your personal information to third parties, including any third party websites linked from our website, know that those third party websites have their own privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such linked websites, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of such third party websites before providing any information to or through them. This website uses Google Analytics to track and analyze information your browser provides to us regarding your use of our website, including time of visit, duration, and preferred pages. Information regarding Google Analytics’ use of your personal information is available here.
Further, we may share personal information with additional third parties, such as: data hosting or software or technology service providers; professional advisers, such as lawyers and accountants; government and/or regulatory authorities; professional indemnity insurers; or regulators, tax authorities, or corporate registries.
Our website is operated, and the personal information we collect is stored, in the United States of America. To the extent you are visiting our website from within the European Economic Area or the European Union, know that the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to your personal information collected by us. Accordingly, we recognize and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to Be Forgotten”).
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below. Note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding legitimate interest or legal obligation to continue to process the personal information, or where the personal information may be exempt from disclosure due to applicable law, the applicable rules of professional conduct, attorney-client privilege, legal professional privilege, other applicable privileges or protections, or professional secrecy obligations.
To inquire about what personal information we have collected about you, update or correct the personal information you provide to us, or request that we update or delete it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of Information
We take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, and unauthorized loss, access, modification or disclosure. However, if you are a client of the firm, please consider directly calling your KWIKA attorney before using the website to transmit correspondence. Further, we cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit over the internet, and we expressly disclaim any liability for any loss, misuse, or modification of such personal or confidential information.
Retention of Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary to use for the purposes described above, and until such time as we no longer expect to need to use this information in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
Our website does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
808 Wilshire Blvd. 3rd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401-1889